In continuing with the "100 things about me...." theme
8. Me and my (250 pound, 57 year old) husband are new vegetarians. Him because he needs to be entirely fat free and me because I'm trying to be as supportive of a wife as I can be. And I need to lose about 20 pounds too. And because I have issues with meat. We've been meat free for 12 days. No eggs. No cows milk for me but I do drink goats milk (more on why later) and DH drinks fat free milk
9. I'm weird. Like sometimes people think I have a disorder. My mom had me tested as a child. I've talked to doctors and such. There's nothing wrong with me. I'm practically a frickin' genius and don't give a rats ass. I don't flaunt it either and I have bad habits like saying "ain't" and "yous" I'm no better then you are and I'm not going to act like it.
10. My Babyman is a sickie. There's lots of things about having a baby after you turn 30 that contributes to the type of child you have and the type of mother you will be. Babyman has Eosinophilic Esophagitis. (EE) He has such sever allergies that his esophagus is effected. It's almost completely swelled shut. Permanently. He's allergic to milk (hence the goat's milk-I'm still nursing him) soy, eggs, tree nuts, animal dander, and synthetic fibers. Not only can he not have milk but his actual allergy is to Bovine Protein so he can't have beef or some vaccines. (Awwww. Booooooo Hoooooo) Anyway, for more info there you can check out his med site at Christian's Site at CaringBridge
11. My dad is dead. This is actually a very defining part of who I am. He is who I am. I lived alone with him for most of my teen years and he's responsible for the fact that I'm not materialistic. I don't pluck my eyebrows, get mani/pedis. I'm not a big make-up person. I don't go to a salon to get my hair cut/colored/styled. I like to fish and he taught me how to do that. I like a nice cold beer not a froo-froo drink and that's thanks to him. I am a damn good softball player and that's thanks to him and I know how I want my sons to grow up and that's thanks to him even though he didn't have any sons. I'm gonna cry now so I'm gonna postpone the daddy stuff for now.
12. I don't love my husband like I should. I married him because I was bored one week. We have 5 kids together. He spent a lot of time taking care of me and now I'm spending a lot of time taking care of him and that's how our relationship works. That's what we both needed at particular times in our lives. He's my best friend though and a great father to my kids so I do love him, just not in a wifely manner. It's a complicated relationship. He's 24 years older then me but it has nothing to do with the daddy issue. Honest.
13. My favorite food is crab legs
14. I was raised Catholic. I was baptized Christian Non-Denom when I was 18. I believe there is a God and I do pray. I'm ashamed to admit that I only seem to pray when I need something. But I also believe that the living things around us have their own spirits. I believe the phases of the moon/planets/stars can control who we are and what we do. I believe each of us has an element that we can relate to and that helps define who we are. I am water. I don't know what to believe about the whole heaven/hell thing. I want to believe that there is a heaven and when I die I will be taken care of in this glorious place with no pain or suffering. But the rules necessary to get in just seem to allude me. Why can't I just live a good and decent life being kind to others and not have to worry about frying for all eternity?
15. I used to love Snickers bar with almonds. I can't have them right now because of the Babyman and because I have a bad tooth that I refuse to have fixed.
16. I don't have a driver's license. At all. I really don't like driving. Sometimes I do though anyway. Where I live the cops have it in for me and kept giving me tickets for every little thing under the sun (I'm not the only one-they were gunning for some of us for a while in order to make money for the small town I live in) So, when it expired, I just never went and got it renewed.
17. I'm trying to convince my husband that we need to move closer into St. Louis. Like IN THE CITY of St. Louis. I wish it were safer for my kids but even with my non driving status, the public transportation ROCKS and I can get anywhere I need to go! And there are so many more opportunities for me and the kids and he would be closer to Big Barnes and Babyman would be closer to Cardinal Glennon. His family doesn't care about him or the kids and I would be closer to my girls. I don't have to worry about the fact that the schools are in Federal Takeover so if it was just a little bit safer I would be there. In. A. Heartbeat.
18. Adriana is a Chrystal Child and Kharlie is an Indigo Child.
19. I still talk to Adriana's dad and you are the only person outside of him and I that know that.
20. My brother-in-law lives with me and he's cute. Not like "lusting after" cute but if I had friends that came over.....they would lust after him. (BTW he's 44 single dad of 4 boys has a job but CS and some outstanding fines kills his income so he lives in my basement for the time being but once all his fines are paid down he'll be good to go. He's quite a catch but needs someone to help take care of him. Or maybe it's me who wants to make sure there's someone to take good care of him. hmmmmm....that requires more thought on my behalf. )
21. I'm addicted to medical programs on TV. About the only thing on TV that I watch is ER, House, Greys Anatomy, and that new one that's trying to take ERs place on Thursday night: Boston Something I think?
22. I was born in the right decade but I wish I wasn't. (See, I'm weird but let me explain this one okay?) I was born in 1976. Great year right?!! I know!! But what can a 1, 2, 3, or 4 year old do in that era other then learn to walk and talk and such. I should have been born in the 50s so that I could have taken full advantage of the 70s! I would make a great hippy!
23. I love my hippy mamas forum. Come visit. Come join! Hippymom!
24. I'm still breastfeeding my son. He's almost 15 months old. I'm in no hurry to wean him so don't ask me how much longer I "plan on doing that" It's what's right. It's the way we were meant to nourish our babies. That's why we have boobs. Face it. I nurse him everywhere he needs to be. I don't cover up either. If you don't like it then please don't stare at us. It is his right to eat where and when he's hungry just like a bottle fed baby. My son suffers from a lifelong ailment that requires *STRICT* monitoring of his diet and he has multiple allergies that can be be life threatening. I know my milk is safe for him. I'm not trying to justify this to you. I don't have to. I'm just stating the reasons I have chosen extended breastfeeding and why it works for us.
25. We are night weaning!! I keep saying this like I'm excited and happy it's happening but I don't know if I am really. It's very bittersweet. He was nursing 4-6 times a night and one night I just stayed laying on my stomach and he popped his little thumb in his mouth and went back to sleep. I knew it was time. I knew he has the skills to self soothe and he's been able to go to sleep by himself for a long time now. On the plus side....last night I got 7 straight hours of sleep for the first time in over a year and a half!! YAY!!!!!
26. I think I'm addicted to the internet. Right now as I write this the little mailbox up in my tool bar is telling me that I have 3 unread mails and it's killing me not to open another tab just to check to see who they are from and what they want. BRB.
27. I'm also a facebook junkie. If I comment on someones status and they comment back, I have to hurry back to see what they said. I don't even read it in my email inbox. I just delete it and head straight to FB.
28. I'm a messy person. I don't want to be. For some reason I just can't keep things clean. I don't know if it's me or the kids but you know how some people just aren't "clean people" well I try really hard to be but as soon as you walk in my house it just always looks dirty. The tile entry is always dirty. The carpet is nasty even though my rule is no eating or drinking in the living room. I don't know. I know I'm messy. I have a bad habit of just putting stuff in piles on my desk and on the kitchen counter. That's not dirty but the windows are always smudged. There's always dishes somewhere. The counters and stove always need cleaned. I just can't keep up with it and no amount of bitching is going to get the kids to help me.
29. I'm poor. Now I know lots of folks will say me too because of the economy, or they got laid off or whatever. But we live on $600 a month cash. That's it. Now, we get food stamps but not enough to make it through the month. The kids are on Medicaid. DH is on Medicare. We do WIC (but not for much longer-it's more hassle then anything now with Babyman's allergies) I sell handmade boutique style bows and dresses to supplement our income and DH buys stuff at garage sales and resells it for profit at the FleaMarket or on CraigsList. What really sucks is I don't have to be poor but no matter what I do, I'm going to be poor so I would rather be poor and not have to work then be poor and bust my ass working. I have a Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education. That's right, I'm a teacher. Not for real though. Not yet. You can't get a teaching job anywhere around here right now. Even if I did though, I have a garnishment against me. 50% of my check would be gone right off the top. Then taxes and daycare for the Babyman. Why should I work? I would still get the same amount of FS if I did work so irregardless of if I do or not, the government still sees me as being below the poverty level so I'm going to take this time and be home with my kids when they need me to be there. I'm going to raise my kids. Not the schools, babysitters, or daycares. Me. So we are frugal living!
That's a lot for now for one person such as yourself to absorb. I'm off to bed with the Babyman. Yes, we co-sleep too (I'll throw that little tidbit of information in for free. Your Welcome)
No comments:
Post a Comment